Our Chief Talent Officer, Joe Ziccardi, is frequently a guest speaker for executive groups. Topics include recruiting, candidate evaluation / selection, interviewing strategies and tactics, assessment testing, and retention. Below are some of the topics covered. Here we are defining SMBs by number of employees; small businesses being organizations with fewer than 100 employees; midsize enterprises being those organizations with 100 to 999 employees.
- Besides job boards, what are some other recruiting channels that are cost effective for small to mid size enterprises?
- When hiring, which positions are assessment tests best suited for?
- Which are the best assessment tests to utilize when hiring a _________________?
- What are some of the best Applicant Tracking Systems for a firm our size?
- We cannot afford to pay big recruiting firm fees, yet, we have not been able to find the right candidates with a job positing. What can we do to find good candidates at a reasonable cost and what other lower cost resources and services are available to a firm like ours?
- What are some of the best retention ideas and strategies that are currently working in other companies our size?
- We’ve had several people (who we have made offers to) accept counter-offers from their current employer. How can we minimize the probabilities of that occurring?
- Should our offers have an “expiration” on them? Under what circumstances and how long?
- How does Onboarding work in a small to mid size company and how effective is it?
- What steps can I take when I look around and see that I have a few mediocre (non-performing) people – those who are not very good, but not terrible enough to fire?
- What are some of the performance improvement strategies and metrics that have worked for other companies?
- Is it better to interview one-on-one, or to have multiple people interview the candidate together?
- While interviewing a candidate, is it legal (or appropriate) to ask _________?
- Most candidates seem to be hiding things in their background. How can we increase the probability that we will “get behind the mask” and get the truth?