Reduce Cost Per Hire - Hire Better, Hire Faster
- So when it comes to Talent Acquisition, what is the difference between Alternative Recruiting and a typical executive recruiting firm?
- Besides experience, integrity, and results, the most significant difference is our pricing model, which has been designed to reduce cost-per-hire. We incrementally utilize recruitment methods and resources in such a way that our process helps our clients find and hire great people while reducing overall recruiting expenses. We do this by evaluating all appropriate recruitment channels against the specific need, and executing the least expensive options first. We use an “Incremental Resource Allocation Strategy" and it is the key to reducing cost-per-hire for our clients.
- What is an “Incremental Resource Allocation Strategy”?
- Rather than have to pay a full headhunting fee, we work with our clients in pursuing lower cost options first. If the lower cost option succeeds, great. If lower cost options are not producing the results needed, we then move to the next level of skills and resources needed to achieve the results. Traditional executive recruiting pricing models do not provide this option. They charge you the same full recruiting fee, regardless of their time and effort.
- Can you give me an example of an Incremental Resource Allocation Strategy?
- Absolutely. We realize some positions can be filled utilizing one or more of today’s online job boards. Many hiring managers, do not have the time to review all of the resumes that a job posting may generate. In addition, some hiring managers have neither the time nor the expertise to create a compelling and effective job advertisement – something that will differentiate them from the thousands of other companies that posting similar positions and competing for the same talent. We provide lower-cost job posting services which allow hiring managers to focus on their core business while we develop and manage the job posting/recruiting campaign.
Having said that, there are times when a job posting will not be effective and a different approach is needed to identify and engage the high-performance candidates in your market. This requires excellent research and an experienced headhunting team that can deliver, with pinpoint accuracy, specific business intelligence on the people in your industry. In addition, since these potential candidates are not looking to make a job change, it takes a highly experienced executive recruiter, with an impressive background and strong business acumen to capture their attention, engage them in a conversation about your company, and coach them through a process they never expected to be in.
So while comprehensive headhunting services may be the better channel for some positions, at times it makes sense to start with the least expensive option, i.e., posting a well-designed job ad, and at least explore the possibilities of finding a good candidate without having to spend more money utilizing our headhunting team. The cost savings can be substantial.
- So how does your pricing model work?
- Each assignment is assessed on its own merits and requirements. You may need to hire one individual, or staff an entire team. Our pricing models offer flexibility with a variety of options based on the nature and scope of the assignment and your budget. These options include fixed project fees, monthly/weekly/hourly rates, and payments based on specified deliverables. In many cases, our clients engage our help through an hourly rate, using us for the parts of the process they need, and engaging more of our resources when and if needed.
By exploring the least expensive options first, we allow our clients to scale into other services, if needed, from the lower cost services, but at least try the lower cost solutions first. This can add up to substantial savings in a recruiting budget.
For more information, contact us...
For the most often asked questions we receive in our SMB Business Leader presentations, Click here.